A Little About Me...
Sometimes I pretend to have it all together, but that gets boring.
I’m currently in my 30’s. I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, grandaughter, niece and cousin. I have four daughters. I am their cheerleader, coach, fan, nurse, advocate, keeper of secrets, shoulder to cry on and number one supporter. I have an amateur farm that consists of 3 dogs, 4 bunnies and 23 chickens. I am a stay at home mom. My life revolves around my husband, girls and family.
Those quick facts are the easy part to write… They roll of the tongue and I’m confident about who that woman is. If I take a minute to dig deaper, I’m not sure who the real me is right now. I have an amazing life, so this isn’t some sob story. I have thankfully spent the last decade, plus some years, being a wife and mother. As you all can relate, you loose a bit of your self in that journey.
I am now at a point in life where all of my girls are in school, and I’m ready to do something big for me. After a lot of soul searching and encouraging words from my husband and family, this website came to life. I have a lot to say and I’m ready to find out if anyone wants to hear it. Follow me in my journey while I’m Holding My Own.
Taking my Invertory:
- Cons: I’m sarcastic, outspoken, overly opinionated and an overall hot mess. I’m sure this list could be added to.
- Pros: I’m loyal to a fault, my family always comes first and I can find laughter in almost anything
What I believe
Definition of Belief:
An acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof. Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion
- I believe in a higher power
- I believe we were meant to love and be loved
- I believe in getting back what you give
- I believe we are all here for a reason
- I believe every morning gives us a chance to start over
- I believe we can learn from the generation before us and the one before them
- I believe in giving back and not telling a soul about it
- I believe life is a lesson not a test
- I believe in keeping my circle small and giving those people my everything
- I believe in using lots of four letter words
- I believe we are all teachers of something
- I believe in unicorns, fairies and the man on the moon, life is magical
- I believe we were meant to dance in the rain
- I believe in singing at the top of your lungs with the windows down
- I believe we are sent guidance from above
- I believe in forgiveness but not forgetting
- I believe we can disagree with someone and still love them
- I believe you never get a pass to treat people badly
- I believe that as long as there is air in your lungs you have the ability to breath life into the world
- I believe on your worst day, you are still someone’s everything
- I believe that people don’t wan’t your advice, they want your ear
- I believe if you surround yourself with shit, you become shit. The opposite is also true…
- I believe you can only dance with the devil for so long before you get burned
- I believe in the power of prayer. I also believe you have the right to worship a tree if you wish…
Core values are the fundamental beliefs of a person. Core values can change as we enter different phases of life. Take a minute to take a look at yourself. Here are my top five.
What are some of your core values?
If you aren’t sure, visit https://jamesclear.com/core-values for a list of 50 core values . Try and pick just five, It’s not easy!