A Little About Me...
Sometimes I pretend to have it all together, but that gets boring.
I’m currently in my 30’s. I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, grandaughter, niece and cousin. I have four daughters, currently under the age of 13. Being a mother comes with many titles. I am their cheerleader, coach and number one fan. I am their nurse, advocate and keeper of the band aids. Side note, band aids make everything better. I am their keeper of secrets, the good, the bad and everything in between. I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s my number one job to make sure they’re talking to someone and I’m blessed so far that I am that someone. I am the shoulder to cry on that has caught way too many tears. No matter what life throws at them I will always be their biggest supporter.
Of all these titles, my favorite is mother. Being a mother has given my life a purpose, I didn’t even know I had been searching for. I love that each one of them has a completely unique personality. I’ve watched these baby girls grow into tiny humans. I’m trying to raise them to be loving, empathetic, outspoken and opinionated. The problem lies when they start being outspoken and opinionated with me. This is a daily struggle. I call my mom often apologizing to her for all the times I rolled my eyes. I can’t stand the eye rolling! Even on the worst days when I’m counting down the minutes until my husband gets home, I wouldn’t change my life for anything. I used to work in the medical field but I am now a stay at home mom. My life mainly revolves around this wolf pack we’ve created. I have everything I never knew I always wanted.
Those quick facts are the easy part to write… They roll off the tongue and I’m confident about who that woman is. If I take a minute to dig deaper, I’m not sure who the real me is right now. I have an amazing life, so this isn’t some sob story. I have thankfully spent the last decade, plus some years, being a wife and mother. As you all can relate, you loose a bit of your self in that journey.
I am now at a point in life where all of my girls are in school, and I’m ready to do something big for me. After a lot of soul searching and encouraging words from my husband and family, this website came to life. I have a lot to say and I’m ready to find out if anyone wants to hear it. Follow me in my journey while I’m Holding My Own.
Taking my Inventory:
- Cons: I’m sarcastic, outspoken, overly opinionated and an overall hot mess. I’m sure this list could be added to.
- Pros: I’m loyal to a fault, my family always comes first and I can find laughter in almost anything
What I believe
Definition of Belief:
An acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof. Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion
- I believe in a higher power
- I believe we were meant to love and be loved
- I believe in getting back what you give
- I believe we are all here for a reason
- I believe every morning gives us a chance to start over
- I believe we can learn from the generation before us and the one before them
- I believe in giving back and not telling a soul about it
- I believe life is a lesson not a test
- I believe in keeping my circle small and giving those people my everything
- I believe in using lots of four letter words
- I believe we are all teachers of something
- I believe in unicorns, fairies and the man on the moon, life is magical
- I believe we were meant to dance in the rain
- I believe in singing at the top of your lungs with the windows down
- I believe we are sent guidance from above
- I believe in forgiveness but not forgetting
- I believe we can disagree with someone and still love them
- I believe you never get a pass to treat people badly
- I believe that as long as there is air in your lungs you have the ability to breath life into the world
- I believe on your worst day, you are still someone’s everything
- I believe that people don’t wan’t your advice, they want your ear
- I believe if you surround yourself with shit, you become shit. The opposite is also true…
- I believe you can only dance with the devil for so long before you get burned
- I believe in the power of prayer. I also believe you have the right to worship a tree if you wish…
Core values are the fundamental beliefs of a person. Core values can change as we enter different phases of life. Take a minute to take a look at yourself. Here are my top five.
What are some of your core values?
If you aren’t sure, visit https://jamesclear.com/core-values for a list of 50 core values . Try and pick just five, It’s not easy!